Green Spring Soup with Feta and Chaloner Sundried Tomato Tapenade
-2 tablespoons Chaloner olive oil
-4 medium sized leeks, finely sliced
-2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
-6 baby marrows, cut into chunks
-300g fresh peas (you can also use frozen peas if fresh are not available)
-1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
-1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 rounds of feta, crumbled
-1 tablespoon Chaloner sundried tomato tapenade per serving bowl
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring for about 4 to 5 minutes until the leeks are soft and translucent.
- Add the baby marrows, peas, broccoli and cauliflower and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to high and add enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to medium. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes puree the soup – you can make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Spoon it in to each serving bowl, top with feta and Chaloner sundried tomato tapenade.