Christmas Gammon with Chaloner Seville Orange Marmalade and Wild Blossom Honey
What would Christmas be without a succulent gammon? This recipe combines two of Chaloner’s flagship products. The result; a sweet and tangy gammon with crispy skin that is perfect eaten straight out of the oven or even put on sarmies the next day.
For the gammon
1X 1.4kg uncooked, boneless gammon
Juice of 3 oranges
2 onion, peeled and cut in half
3 bay leaves
For the glaze
4 tablespoons Chaloner Seville orange marmalade
4 tablespoons Chaloner wild blossom honey
4 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Place the gammon in a large, deep pot and cover with water. Add the orange juice, bay leaves and peppercorns. Push the cloves into the onion halves and add to the pot too.
- Cover with the lid and bring gently to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook gently for 2 ½ hours, adding more hot water to the pan if necessary.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Once the gammon is done cooking in the pot, remove it and place it on a chopping board. Using a knife remove the skin, leaving behind a thin layer of fat. Score the gammon in a diamond pattern with the tip of a knife.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the gammon to a roasting tin and brush evenly with the glaze.
Roast the gammon in the oven for 60 minutes, basting frequently with the glaze until the gammon is cooked through and golden-brown all over.