Artichoke, Roasted Tomato and Chaloner Tapenade Tarts
We’ve got your New Year’s Eve started sorted with these easy to make and delicious artichoke and roasted tomato tartlets. Your guests will be wowed by the gorgeous colours and even better flavours.
1 pack of ready-rolled puff pastry
3 rounds of feta cheese, crumbled
1 bottle of marinated artichokes, cut into quarters (or eights if they are large)
1 to 2 punnets of roasted baby tomatoes*
A handful of capers
Chaloner sundried tomato tapenade
Chaloner black olive tapenade
Chaloner green olive and almond tapenade
Micro rocket/basil to top
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Cut the puff pastry into 6cm by 3cm rectangles.
- Place the puff pastry on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Score a 1cm border around it and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the puff pastry rectangles from the oven and top each one with feta, artichokes, roasted tomatoes and capers. Then add a few dollops of each Chaloner
- Place back in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with micro rocket or basil just before serving.
*To make the roasted tomatoes, place baby tomatoes in an ovenproof dish, add 3-4 squashed garlic cloves (skin still on), a good glug of olive oil, a few sprigs of rosemary, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes.