Calamari Salad with Chaloner Raspberry Vinaigrette
This salad is delicious and easy to make and gets better the longer it sits in the dressing which means you can enjoy it for at least 3 to 4 days after making it.
1 kilogram of clean, fresh calamari tentacles with the tubes scored
2 tablespoons of spirit vinegar
A small handful of salt
1 head of leafy green celery
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of dried chilli
Salt and pepper
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoons of Chaloner Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Chaloner Raspberry Vinergar
- Slice the celery stalks finely, including the leafy parts and add to the bowl you will be serving the salad in.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to the celery and mix well.
- Add the peppers and tomatoes to the mixture.
- To prepare the calamari bring a pot of water to the boil with the spirit vinegar and salt. Add the calamari in batches and cook for no longer than two minutes.
- Add the hot calamari to the salad ingredients and mix well. Top with the chopped parsley.
- Dress with Chaloner olive oil and raspberry vinegar. You may add more vinegar depending on your taste. Mix well and let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.