Nothing says Christmas quite like a traditional mince pie. However we decided to take it up a notch this year by turning this festive treat into a large tart and adding a base layer of our scrumptious Seville orange marmalade to give it a little oomph.
2 rolls of shop-bought puff pastry
60 millilitres Chaloner Seville Orange Marmalade
1 jar shop-bought fruit mince
Sprinkling of icing sugar to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. In the meantime, spray and cook a tart tin (you can choose to use a round or square one) and then use one roll of puff pastry to line it. Using a fork, pierce holes along the inner border of the pastry.
- Spread the fruit in an even layer on the bottom layer of the pastry.
- Using a star shaped cookie cutter (or whatever shape you like) cut shapes out of the second roll of pastry and arrange on top of the fruit mince.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.